Fulbourn Winter Festival
The 2021 Fulbourn Winter Festival is nearly here! ….. Sunday December 5th 2021 1pm to 7pm on Manor Walk and throughout the village is where its all happening.
- Manor Walk will be closed to traffic and festively lit for the duration of the Festival to allow a safe space for you to enjoy all the stalls (crafts, gifts, food, charities, local organisations)
- There will also be a big marquee on Pound Green opposite the War Memorial to house both a bar and the musical events, performed by local musicians.
- A schedule of 9 music performances has now been published. The performances will be taking place throughout the afternoon either outside St. Vigors by the tree or else in the marquee.
- Lots of preparation has been taking place for the Lantern Parade involving school children from all of Fulbourn’s schools which will end up outside the Church for the lighting of the village tree around 4:30pm and with some musical accompaniment too.
- Look out also for the Festival christmas tree that will be erected in the Cambridge Car Sales yard from 28th Nov. to brighten up the High Street.
- Don’t forget to decorate your house with lights and get on the walking tour map for the big ‘turn on’ on Dec. 5th. Contact email@example.com to get on the map (which will be published for downloading from this page on our website)
- We still need volunteers to help on the day and be (at least part-time) Marshals. If you think you can offer some of your time on the day, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with info on when you can offer some help. We have a couple of potential first-aiders but if you know of someone please get in touch asap.
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE WITH A STALL (FOOD, CRAFTS, GIFTS, FOOD OR CHARITY/LOCAL ORGANISATION) THEN PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH US URGENTLY VIA OUR EMAIL email@example.com. We already have plenty of stalls signed up so space may be limited.
For some suggestions on how you or your children can make the decorative lanterns, watch this short video HERE (kindly produced for the Festival by Deanna and Clare).